On June 3, 2013 a roundtable discussion of the G20 energy regulators entitled "Sound Regulation and Promoting Investment in Energy Infrastructure" was held in Kazan within the framework of the Russian G20 Presidency's outreach events. The event took place with administrative support of the government of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The roundtable participants' list included:
• Ksenia Yudaeva, Chief of the Presidential Experts' Directorate, the Russian G20 Sherpa;
• Sergey Novikov, Co-Chairman of the Program Committee, Head of Federal Tariff Service, Russia;
• Alberto Pototchnig, First director of the Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER);
• Lord John Mogg, Co-Chairman of the Program Committee; President of the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (OFGEM), UK; President of the Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER);
• Rustam Minnihanov, President of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia;
• Representatives of the G20 member-countries' energy regulators and international energy regulation associations.
The main outcome of the roundtable was agreeing on the Joint Statement containing regulators' shared vision of the prospects of sound regulation and attracting investments in energy infrastructure.